Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Fourteenth Goldfish Book Review

So I have read the book, The Fourteenth Goldfish. Today, I would like to review this book. This book was written by Jennifer L. Holm.



Summary/Plot:

Ellie is already very disappointed about her goldfish. She discovers that all her goldfish have only lasted for a week, and that 13 of them were flushed down the toilet. Apart from this, Brianna is not her best friend anymore. Ellie and Brianna created handprints in Ellie's room and used to be her best friend, until she found her passion: volleyball. Then she didn't interact with Ellie anymore. Everything is changing. Then suddenly one day, a boy that Ellie has never met before arrives at the front door. He is bossy, and starts to give orders. He looks like Ellie's grandfather, Melvin who has always wanted to discover a way to get younger. Melvin discovers eternal youth, but Ellie is not sure if the world is ready for this change.

 Main Characters

The characters of this story are:
  • Ellie
  • Ellie's grandfather
  • Ellie's mother, Melissa
  • Ellie's babysitter, Nicole
  • Raj
  • Raj's brother
  • Ellie's dad
  • Other characters that are mentioned in the story, but don't have a role include: Ellie's grandmother who Ellie's grandfather loved very much.
What I thought

I loved this book! I thought that the plot was interesting, yet complicated. I liked how the story flowed, and the characters matched their personalities. I was most like Ellie in the story, but I have parents, and I sometimes would have disagreed with her. The author's style of writing is absolutely fabulous.

Rating:

I would rate this book 5 out of 5. Great work, Jennifer L. Holm! Very creative idea!

I recommend this book for adventure lovers, people who like fiction, and like challenging yet heart-warming stories.

I hope you enjoyed my book review. This book is worth a read!

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment